|Reports To:||Chief Financial Officer|
Position and Company Overview
The goal of Onboard Dynamics is to support the natural gas ecosystem in reducing global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions safely and reliably through our innovative and practical commercial solutions. Our patented compression-based systems minimize methane and other GHG releases during pipeline operations and maintenance, mitigate GHG emissions from transportation vehicles, and capture methane that would otherwise be released to the atmosphere from other industrial operations. Our customers receive expanded environmental benefits and reduction in costs through purchasing, leasing, and/or receiving turn-key services from our natural gas-powered products.
Onboard Dynamics is growing and looking for an experienced and competent Controller to work in a fast-paced technology development and commercialization environment. This position will involve a variety of broad and specialized job duties related to accounting operations, including general accounting tasks, budgetary tasks, and compliance with various taxing authorities.
In this role, the Controller will interface with all departments within the company including Sales and Marketing, Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Operations to ensure timely and effective execution of company milestones and deliverables. This position will work with the CFO to organize and maintain all financial records and assist in the financial documentation of processes and financial record maintenance and storage. This position will oversee the functions of accounts payable, accounts receivable and employee payroll. The budgetary tasks include assisting in the development of company budgets and ensuring business expenses are aligned with the company’s revenue goals. This position will assist the CFO in coordinating the process of financial reporting in order to prepare and release the companies’ financial information and will ensure that all information is accurate and in compliance with the current financial regulations. This position will be based in the Onboard Dynamics’ Bend, Oregon office.
- Planning, coordinating, directing, and, performing company accounting operations and processes, e.g., billings, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll.
- Assisting in the consolidation and organization of all company financial data required for accurate reporting of operational results on a timely basis.
- Assisting the CFO in compiling and preparing external and internal financial reports and statements for the company.
- Coordinating auditing activities and ensuring all documentation is accurately represented for auditing.
- Using information about company expenses, spending, revenue and profitability to assist in the financial decisions for the company. Assisting in the creation and management of company budgets including documenting all spending and ensuring operational tasks stay within budget.
- Analyzing accounting operations, making financial recommendations for improvement and implementing
- new strategies and processes.
- Evaluating and monitoring control systems and evaluating the effectiveness of the company’s accounting software and financial database.
- Developing, tracking and assessing business and financial performance metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Assisting in the regulatory reporting, including tax preparation and compliance.
- Process State filings and registrations; and foreign registrations and requirements (currently Canada).
- Work with Sales on responding to customer setup requirements such as vendor supplier forms, Master Service Agreements, insurance, etc. Assist in the review of proposals including T’s and C’s. Work with financial and purchasing teams in setting up QuickBooks Enterprise to support a high growth environment.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or another related field
- 5 or more years’ experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in QuickBooks or some other comparable accounting software
- Deep knowledge of accounting principles
- Exceptional organizational and teamwork skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (both oral and written)
- Analytical skills, problem-solving, critical thinking and strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products Self-motivated and enthusiastic about working in an innovative, fast growth environment
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org