Onboard Dynamics is looking for a talented Technician to join our team.
Founded in 2013, Onboard Dynamics is helping lead the clean fuel revolution with the introduction of its GoFlo® natural gas compressor.
The position will be responsible for the installation of new systems and performing upgrades, maintenance, and repair of Onboard Dynamics and related equipment. This includes maintenance on all automotive engines, compressors, and governing systems. Technicians are also responsible for testing the natural gas engine compressors in a safe and responsible manner on behalf of both R&D and product development objectives. The selected technician will be proficient in troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, cooling, and pneumatic systems.
- Installation and integration of new natural gas compression and evacuation systems.
- Engine troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
- Perform inspections, repairs, and installations of engines and compressor systems.
- Up to 50% travel required, must have a valid driver's license and insurance.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot 12/24 volt electrical systems including controls, sensors, and ECU wiring per system design and specifications.
- Install and maintain high-pressure tubing, valves, fittings, and hose installations.
- Product Development: perform experiments Testing of engine compressor system and report results back to the team.
- Documentation of field service events and updates to core maintenance and repair documentation.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Automotive mechanic experience required.
- 3-5 years of experience or equivalent.
- Strong teamwork skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and personal computers is required.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about developing new, challenging technology.
Nice to Have:
- Machine shop & fabrication experience with the ability to safely use tools including; drill press, various hand tools, welders, and other manufacturing tools is preferred.
- Familiarity with natural gas vehicles and systems preferred.
- Engine mechanic certification preferred.
If interested please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com