- Position Type: Full time
- Reports To: Director of Engineering
- Location: Bend, Or
Onboard Dynamics is leveraging today’s traditional energy fuels while also leading the transition to the next generation of energy fuels to power the needs of transportation, particularly for fleets, and to provide critical solutions for the natural gas and renewable natural gas industry. As a former ARPA-E awardee, the company developed innovative natural
gas compression technology allowing a low-pressure natural gas source to be compressed up to 3600 psi – all integrated within an engine platform. It runs on natural gas to compress natural gas without the need for electricity. The company’s first product to market is the GoFlo® CNG-80 natural gas compressor which was launched in 2018.
Onboard Dynamics is looking for a talented engineer to work in a fast-paced technology development and commercialization environment. This position will involve a variety of tasks including design review, modeling, and documentation of natural gas compressor technologies.
In this role, you will interface with Project Management, Design Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Operations, and Administration to ensure timely and effective execution of company milestones and deliverables associated with the electrical and controls for the GoFlo (mobile trailer solution). This will include designing the electrical systems, designing and implementing the controls systems, designing and implementing the HMI as well as the selected SCADA package and
working with the company’s selected engineering controls partners to design and implement the latest version of the product. Although this position may require some limited travel to the Portland area, this person will be officed in the Onboard Dynamics Bend Office.
- Control systems project management
- Electrical design
- Instrumentation specification
- PLC programming (Red Lion)
- HMI development
- SCADA development (Ignition)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s in engineering or equivalent technical training
- 5 or more years’ experience with systems integration
- Strong teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency in PLC and HMI programming
- Low voltage electrical design experience
- Telemetry experience – Preferred
- Automotive experience – Preferred
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about developing new, challenging technology
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.