|Position Title:||Operations Manager|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Reports To:||Director of Operations|
Position and Company Overview
Onboard Dynamics is a leading climate-tech provider of unique, patented, mobile natural gas pipeline evacuation and vehicle refueling compression technology and equipment. Onboard Dynamics manufactures patented products and services that allow their customers to adopt best practices for performing natural gas pipeline operations, recovering methane from a variety of sources, and transportation refueling of natural gas fleet vehicles. The company sells, leases, and provides turnkey services to utilities, local distribution companies (LDCs) and natural gas pipeline operators for blowdown, evacuation, and routine maintenance.
This role is responsible for leading the team that performs pipeline evacuation services, performs NGV fueling system installations, and provides ongoing maintenance and repair of related equipment. This includes maintenance on all natural gas driven engines, natural gas compressors, and supporting systems. Pipeline evacuation is a new line of business in support of emergent industry needs for reduced methane emissions. This position will play a key role in defining this service, ensuring safe procedures, and rapidly scaling it. The selected Operations Manager will have excellent people skills, management experience, and have a technical/operational background appropriate for the space under management. Most importantly, this role will be accountable for embracing and contributing to the safety culture and related procedures in accordance with Onboard Dynamics values and the demands of this industry.
- Hosting regular safety briefings with staff. This includes the documentation, tracking and closure of safety issues observed by the technician team as well as continuously updating and improving procedures for safe operations.
- Managing our inhouse technical resources in the installation and integration of our natural gas compression and evacuation systems in the field.
- Being a resource for staff engaged in field projects, engine troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
- Experience managing a fleet of assets including maintenance, repairs, scheduling, and continuous improvement.
- Overseeing the customer support and training of field deployed equipment.
- Primary implementer of full circle maintenance and repair management process and system that ensures and continuously improves field uptime. This requires establishing success criteria and a metrics package.
- Ensure timely documentation of field service events and updates to core maintenance and repair documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring all technical staff have current training and industry-defined certifications for the work they are required to perform. This includes the tracking and reporting of this training information.
- Assist in the hiring and performance management of technician staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with industrial safety methodologies and fostering a safety culture within a team.
- Ability to engage in technical problem solving while leading team members to solutions based on sound process and data driven conclusions.
- 3-5 years of people manager experience in an industrial equipment environment.
- Strong leadership skills and attention to detail required.
- Background defining and implementing new business processes and continuous improvement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products and, in general, information systems.
- Experience with evaluating and analyzing computer related data.
- Self-motivated, resilient, and enthusiastic about developing new, challenging technology.
- Some travel required, must have a valid driver license and insurance.
Nice to Have
- Technician and mechanic experience.
- Experience developing and implementing maintenance and/or fleet management software. Outstanding SharePoint and Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiarity with natural gas pipeline operations.
- Familiarity with the procedures for the handling of gaseous fuels, natural gas vehicles, and/or other related exposure to natural gas transport systems.
- Familiarity with software implementations associated with asset and maintenance management.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com