Onboard Dynamics is looking for a full-time Purchasing Agent at our Bend, OR location.
Position Title: Purchasing Agent
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Location: 62958 Layton Ave, Suite 2 Bend, Oregon 97701
Position and Company Overview
Onboard Dynamics is a leading climate-tech provider of unique, patented, mobile natural gas pipeline evacuation and vehicle refueling compression technology and equipment. Onboard Dynamics manufactures patented products and services that allow their customers to adopt best practices for performing natural gas pipeline operations, recovering methane from a variety of sources, and transportation refueling of natural gas fleet vehicles. The company sells, leases, and provides turnkey services to utilities, local distribution companies (LDCs), and natural gas pipeline operators for blowdown, evacuation, and routine maintenance.
Onboard Dynamics is looking for a talented individual to work in a fast-paced technology development and commercialization environment. This position will involve a variety of tasks including aspects of production planning, procurement, and inventory management functions. This position will work and negotiate with suppliers to purchase goods and services to assure the company receives favorable pricing and reduced lead times. This position will also assist in the development of procurement sourcing policies and procedures to be adopted by the company.
The person will report to the Chief Operating Officer with dotted-line reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. The person will interface with the engineering, operations, sales and marketing, and accounting teams to ensure timely and effective execution of company milestones and deliverables associated with current and future products. Although this position may require some limited travel, this person will be based in the Onboard Dynamics Bend, Oregon headquarters office.
- Evaluating suppliers by considering the price, quality, availability, and other criteria.
- Working with suppliers to identify lead times in order to coordinate the release of purchase orders to meet the manufacturing schedule.
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers to obtain the best pricing and terms on behalf of the company.
- Signing and reviewing purchasing agreements with vendors, monitoring their performance and renegotiating contracts.
- Maintaining and nurturing solid working relationships with vendors and supervising vendor activities including basic expediting and purchase order tracking functions.
- Verifying purchases by comparing them to a master BOM and recommending suitable but less expensive alternatives for components that meet specifications and criteria.
- Interacting with suppliers to schedule delivery times and to resolve and troubleshoot shipping errors and/or delays.
- Authorizing payments and maintaining packing slips, receipts, and inventory records.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years full-time procurement experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment. Experience in materials management and inventory control methodologies desired.
- Highly effective negotiation skills dealing with vendors and suppliers directly
- Demonstrated strength in written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of automotive and natural gas plumbing systems desired
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite products
- Education and experience reading and understanding engineering drawings, specifications, and other technical documentation
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com